new works on wood slices

Jul 6, 2012


I recently acquired beautiful round slices of cedar, and I've had fun the last couple of days creating small pieces of art.  The top piece is a photograph of the Oregon coast that I took over 15 years ago.  I really love the look of the cedar bark as a natural frame.  This particular piece will go above my art desk, but I'm thinking I'll make more with other pictures I took of scenic Oregon. 


Here are three mountain paintings on wood slices.  The top two pieces are for sale in my Etsy shop.

Also, not sure if you've heard, but Buy Some Damn Art is having a summer sale through July 9th.  All art is 20% off, which means you can save big on my last available painting on BSDA. 

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh I love those on the wood slices. Very cool.

Cathy said...

Thanks, Megan! I enjoyed making them. More to come!

Unknown said...

Wow. These are beautiful! What a lovely surface to work on!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...