pottery habit

May 11, 2012


I don't condone hoarding unless it involves beautiful pottery. . . a rule I established in my household just today.  And it certainly doesn't help my pack rat instincts when lovely ceramicware can be snatched up for a few dollars apiece.  This weekend, Multnomah Arts Center in SW Portland is having an art sale on pottery and other handmade goodies.  Here are some of the things I brought home with me.

a wood-fired vessel, perfect for coarse salt
unique pencil or brush holder that I had to have

I actually got this wonderfully textured bowl a couple weeks ago from the "sale" corner.   This is where items are donated by students or teachers in the ceramics department, and all profits go right back to the arts center.  The bowl was just $5.  What a deal!


The art event at Multnomah Arts Center is just today and tomorrow.  If you do end up stopping by, don't forget to look under the tables! There are boxes full of pottery, and they don't mind if you rummage through them. 



While we're on the topic of pottery, I thought I'd share with you my latest experiment with a Pebeo Porcelaine Outliner.  The two cups were made by my uncle who's a potter.  Tea for two, anyone?

2 comments:

HomeCollection. said...

Wow i love these ceramics !

Jenna said...

love seeing your designs on pottery. beautiful.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...