New print: In the deep dark woods

May 18, 2012


From time to time, I'm asked if I sell prints of my original paintings for sale in my online shop.  The answer has always been 'no' for a variety of reasons.  For one, my paintings are usually on wood panel.  And since my art prints are made in my home studio, it is either too difficult or just not possible (due to size) to scan my paintings.

After going back and forth on the idea of using a specialty shop, I finally decided to give it a go this week.   I had just one of my paintings professionally scanned since digital imaging services are not cheap.  Although it'll take a few sales to cover the cost of that one scan, I have to admit that I'm extremely impressed with its sharpness and color matching.  And, when running a test print, I couldn't be more pleased with the results!

I'm excited to say that the new print of In the deep dark woods is now available in my shop. And, for the next week, the art print will be listed at $20 (versus the original price of $25).  To see the listing, go here.

5 comments:

Amy G. said...

I feel the same way about prints like these, but it's nice to hear that you are pleased with the results! I might have to reconsider... did you do it locally, or through the internet? Any recommendations?

Love your work, by the way! Hope to be able to buy something over the summer.

Cathy said...

Hi Amy,

I had my work scanned by a local place called Digicraft. I know that Kinko's can scan larger art works, but the art can't be thicker than 1/4 inch.

Good luck with your search!

Anonymous said...

I just bought this! It is one of my favorites- I am so glad you had prints made as I (unfortunately!) cannot afford the original.
You are such an inspiration- creating your art and keeping a shop and a blog. Thank you!
-April

Raggle Taggle Gypsy Girl said...

This is a gorgeous image, good luck with the printing business.....

Flügel said...

I found your blog just today and think your artwork is really lovely!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...