New Work

May 29, 2011

Paradise Falls, mixed media on wood panel, 4 x 4 inches

Paradise Falls is one of three wood panel paintings I completed this week.  My paintings tend to look a little different from my drawings, but this piece seems to be a good blend of both styles.  I also used some shimmery chartreuse color in the painting, which is a fun break from all the dark colors in my art lately. 

Two more pieces for the July show at Tilde.

It is so rewarding for artists to see their work hanging in people's homes, and, this week, I was thrilled to receive several photos of my framed art from previous buyers. What a treat!  I'm planning on sharing some of the photos this Friday.  So, for those of you who have my art on your walls and have a camera on hand, I'd love to add some more pictures. 


8 comments:

lamina @ do a bit said...

They are really beautiful!!! I love he colour combinations you use... :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, these are beautiful! I particularly like the colours and colour combination on these. ~ Sara

Brittan said...

these are very incredible! how exciting to get photos of them in their new homes!!!

ChristinaInAustralia said...

These are so stunning. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Jenna said...

i LOVE paradise falls!

Charissa - The Gifted Blog said...

I love the river one, Cathy! Any chance you'll be making more along this theme?

Anonymous said...

Love! I especially love the river one. If you ever do something inspired by the Metolius river, I'd be all over it.

Cathy said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments. Charissa and Katie- yes, more to come! I'll be posting my latest river piece soon.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...