New print, "Glacier"

Apr 9, 2011

Latest print, Glacier,  in a frame.

I have been wanting to meld my photography with my illustrative works for awhile now.  I didn't think it was going to happen anytime soon until I was about half way through my latest work, Glacier.  As you know, I love layering textures and patterns, and I was looking to add something to the composition in the upper right area.  The light blue cloud reminded me of a clear, crisp day in the mountains, and all of a sudden, I thought of this peak that I captured while driving thru central Oregon. Within moments, I had the image printed and cut out.

The drawing component was complete before I started adding photographic elements, so I had to be very precise in fitting the photographic images into the picture.  Good thing I was once a teacher and had to cut a gazillion shapes out of paper! For the rest of the evening, I went into a collage trance.  I found cutting and pasting to be very therapeutic, like crocheting.  I had so much fun with it, I'm looking forward to starting my next collage piece. 


I thought it was timely that I found this bear sculpture after finishing the Glacier piece.  The first time I ever spotted a bear in the wild was at Glacier National Park.  I was a young girl, and it was the highlight of my trip. 

Just like the wooden whale, I have plans for painting this guy. Not sure how I'm going to work around the deep grooves, but I'm always up for a good art challenge. 


And finally, one more wood panel piece that was added to my Etsy shop.  This one is titled Red Mountains.

3 comments:

LittleCanoe said...

I love the Glacier print. Absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Leslie said...

I love the mountains, especially the sky background.

Hena Tayeb said...

The glacial print is gorgeous. love all the various shapes, lines and textures you have created.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...