My Week

Nov 20, 2010


twentieth century pattern design, my latest bedside book
this 200+ page book is a survey of textile and wallpaper designs from the last century
lots of great information and images for the pattern enthusiast


a trip to the portland art museum with the kiddos
the youngest took her sketchbook along; there were actually a number of people sketching that day


a beautiful day at pacific city, oregon
took a walk on the beach and found a heart-shaped rock


what i’m working on today

5 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Pacific City Beach I think it one of the best beaches in Portland especially if you get good weather. :)

These rainy days is usually art making weather!

Lauren said...

i love how your new piece is coming out! can't wait to see the finished product!

Unknown said...

That is the kind of day I like at the beach! Whenever I go it seems to rain, but I'm still at the beach. :)

honeyhuckabee said...

looks like a super amazing book, i'm going to try to hunt one of my own down!
gorgeous photos, as always :) how do you display your treasures from the sea? i have so much sea glass and a bunch of sand dollars, but am at a loss!
.honeyhuckabee

Cathy said...

Erika and Kat, we lucked out with the weather! The color of the sky was gorgeous that day.

Lauren, the new drawing might become my next embroidery design. If it turns out, you'll know by the end of this week!

Honeyhuckabee, I like to keep my little treasures in small bowls or containers. I picked up the pieces above because I'm thinking of drawing on them. Gotta finish some of my other projects, though :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...