Artists I like: Tom Moglu

Sep 22, 2010


You may have noticed that I have a fascination with triangles.  I use them a lot in my work.  So naturally, when I came across the art of UK artist Tom Moglu, I was in triangle heaven.  I love how Moglu juxtaposes the sharpness of a triangle with soft, earthy tones.  And the way that he repeats the triangles and analogous colors is reminiscent of woven works. 
The piece below, Roasting Like Chestnuts, is one of my favorites.  Aside from the fact that I do love roasted chestnuts, I'm intrigued with works that show line movement.  In this particular piece, it's as if the moving lines are breaking through a fence of triangles. 


To see more of Moglu's fabulous art, click here.  And while we're on the topic of triangles, check out my new jacket I found at a local resale shop.


I was serious when I said I'm into triangles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...