Nature-inspired wall installations

Mar 14, 2010

Pods and starfish

I am constantly inspired by patterned forms in nature.  It must be the Pacific Northwest in me.  While searching for pod-like shapes online, I came across amazing wall art by Canadian duo Deborah Moss and Edward Lam.  For 20 years,  Moss and Lam have been creating custom installations using materials like leather, plaster, and paper.  I love their ceramic installations, especially the layered poppies!

Poppies

Rose buds

And then there's leather and velvet. Exquisite!

perforated leather

incised velvet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous! What a lovely idea...I especially love the pods and starfish. :)
.honeyhuckabee

Cathy said...

Any of these would be so striking in a home. It got me thinking about what I could do in my own home... then again, just thinking about starting another home project makes me tired.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...